The Advantages of Laser Surgery for Pets
Solomons Veterinary Medical Center offers the option of laser surgery for many of our surgical procedures for both pets. Unlike traditional surgical methods, the laser option offers the following benefits:
- Reduced Pain — Lasers cut tissue with a beam of light, which seals the nerve endings so there is very little pain when your pet wakes up.
- Less Bleeding — The blood vessels are sealed by the laser as they cut, so there is usually no need for bandaging after surgery.
- Decreased Swelling — Using a laser seals the lymph vessels in the skin, which nearly eliminates any swelling after surgery.
- A "No Touch" Surgical Technique — Lasers cut without touching any tissue, which eliminates much of the trauma associated with standard techniques.
- Faster Recovery — Less bleeding, less pain, and less swelling means that pets undergoing laser surgery generally recover faster with fewer side effects.
The laser option is available for most soft tissue surgical procedures with the exception of spays.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have about laser surgery! Give us a call at 410-326-4300.